Monday, January 16, 2012

Fabric-Beads-Jewelry


I recently purchased some wonderful silk neckties. The fabric is wonderful. I like fabric and beads and jewelry so decided to do a piece of jewelry combine everything. I made made a fabric sandwich with the silk, lightweight batting and a backing fabric. The fun part was embellishing the piece with some of my old stock Italian seed beads. I selected one of the several mixtures that I have and did a floral motif then followed some of the design and finished the beaded fabric part. I mounted the fabric onto a metal cuff bracelet and I am quite pleased with the results.
You can view the various mixtures of the old stock Italian beads on my website www.mountainshadowstudio.net
I am anxious to do more with the fabric beads and quilting in interesting ways.

No comments: