Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jewelry porcelain and beading






I just finished this necklace. A while back I mad one using different colors. B'Sue's Boutiques carries the porcelain pieces with the pocket on the front. Honeysuckle pink is sort of "the" color of the day so I decided to really go with that. The bottom of the porcelain piece did not have any holes and I wanted to embellish that area so I glued on a plated finding with E-6000. I had a few other bits and pieces on my bench from a previous bit of work so I incorporated them too. The flowers are very simple to make and one does not have to be and experienced beader to get great results.
The middle photo shows a work in progress. When I took this china painted piece out of the kiln I was not sure I liked how it turned out but finally I came up with a plan and I think I will be able to make a nice finished piece.
The last photo is a piece that I made a few years ago and I have included it to show the variety of things I have done with this porcelain piece. Please e-mail me with any questions.

No comments: