I had many ideas written down in my sketch book but when I sat down at my workspace to make a piece for the blog the materials that we laid out from a previous session just seemed to speak to me. I started with a piece of metal screening ( the acutioneer at tne auction said it was copper screening and there was a roll of several fairly large pieces so I bought the stuff, cheap!!!) After cutting a rectangle from the screen I crimped back the raw edges, bent the screen to resemble a ruffle . The sari ribbon was ironed and cut to size to cover the top of the screen. I used Fabri-Tac to adhere the fabric to the screen. The fun part was using beading thread and embroidering the piece with the beads. I have not completed the piece and hope you can see where I am going with this. I plan to continue the fringe along the bottom edge, fold back the two ends, attach a finding them a neck chain that will join the focal piece to the chain or such. I think this piece will be lovely worn just at the top of say a tee shirt type of top.
This is my first time doind this sort of blog hop and I will spare you the horrible details of my limited computer skills. Enjoy the blogs and I hope to continue posting things that i have made using B'sue's lovely goodies.
2 months ago